Tuition and Financial Aid Information
- New Students: $600.00.
- New International Students: $700.00.
- Returning Students: $500.00
Note: the registration fee is non-refundable.
2017-2018 Tuition Rates
Variable Tuition Rate Information
Income levels and family size will continue to be substantiated by submitting a financial application, along with a 1040 federal income tax return and corresponding W-2 forms to FACTS Tuition Aid Company. That information will determine which Tier, or amount of tuition, the family will be required to pay. Within each Tier there will continue to be two tuition rates; affiliate and non-affiliate. Active membership of the family in a local Catholic Diocesan parish, as verified by the pastor, will determine if an affiliate rate is applicable.
There are six (6) tuition rate tiers: Affiliate rates range from $7,550 to $11,350; Non-affiliate rates range from $7,550 to $12,850. (See below for Tiers.) Bishop McLaughlin does not offer additional financial assistance beyond the Tiered Tuition Levels. However, the Diocese of St. Petersburg and the Mary C. Forbes Foundation may be able to extend aid to eligible Catholic families.
A Variable Tuition Rate allows many more families the opportunity to provide their children with a faith-filled Catholic education of the highest caliber; at the same it also promotes the growth of BMCHS. Please feel free to share this information with those you know who are looking for the very best in a Catholic high school education.
Variable Tuition Rate Tiers (includes all technology expenses)
|Total Family Income/Assets||
|Tier 1 – Less than $55,000||
|Tier 2 – $55,000 to $74,999||
|Tier 3 – $75,000 to $94,999||
|Tier 4 – $95,000 to $114,999||
|Tier 5 – $115,000 to $149,999||
|Tier 6 – In Excess of $150,000||
|International Student Tuition (includes technology expenses)||$15,500|
- Additionally, a credit to tuition of $100 will be issued for each child in the family in excess of two children.
- When families have more than one student attending Bishop McLaughlin during a school year, they will receive a $1,000 discount per student for that year.
- The above income levels and family size must be substantiated by submitting a financial application, along with a 1040 income tax return and corresponding W-2 forms, to FACTS Tuition Aid Company. If a family chooses not to submit this data, the amount of tuition will be $11,350 for an affiliated student and $12,850 for a non-affiliated student.
Please note that tuition covers all technology and laptop fees associated with our state-of-the-art campus and one-to-one computer-to-student ratio.
Other estimated costs for students attending Bishop McLaughlin include:
- Books – $300-$600
- Uniforms – $250-$500
- Senior Fee – $200
*In order to qualify for the affiliated tuition rate, your registration and active status will be verified with your parish. We are bound to abide by the decision of your stated parish.
Our Partnership with FACTS – A Two-Step Process
- School-Provided Financial Assistance
- As a school of the Diocese of St. Petersburg, we strive to keep a quality Catholic education affordable to all who wish to attend Bishop McLaughlin Catholic High School. Our tuition tiers and diocesan financial aid eligibility is determined by completing the financial application with FACTS Grant Aid Assessment at www.factstuitionaid.com. Please NOTE: Financial Assistance is on year to year basis. Each year that a family is seeking assistance, they must REAPPLY with FACTS).
- As a school of the Diocese of St. Petersburg, we strive to keep a quality Catholic education affordable to all who wish to attend Bishop McLaughlin Catholic High School. Our tuition tiers and diocesan financial aid eligibility is determined by completing the financial application with FACTS Grant Aid Assessment at www.factstuitionaid.com.
- FACTS PAYMENT Plan
- FACTS Management Company also handles tuition payments for ALL families. All students must be on FACTS PAYMENT Plan, even those choosing the one-payment plan. Please visit www.factsmgt.com to enroll. Our research indicates FACTS provides significant benefits to school staff and school families, including convenience, flexibility, and secure on-line access to individual account information.
Diocese of St. Petersburg Tuition Assistance
The DOSP Tuition Assistance is determined using specific financial eligibility criteria developed through the Diocese of St. Petersburg. The Diocese also uses the information provided from FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment Service to assess and determine contributions. This form must be completed online at www.factstuitionaid.com. (NOTE: Only one FACTS application needs to be completed to receive the variable tuition rate and to be considered for assistance from the DOSP Office of Schools and Centers.) The deadline for submission is March 31st and families qualifying for tuition assistance from the Diocese will be informed of financial awards by May 1st.
Step Up for Students
A student is eligible for a scholarship under this program if the student qualifies for a free or reduced-price lunch under the National School Lunch Act and meets certain other State of Florida requirements. For more information, click here to view the Step Up for Students flyer, or to apply, log onto www.stepupforstudents.org.
Bishop McLaughlin accepts a limited number of students qualifying for the McKay Scholarship Program and students applying for admission through the McKay program must first be evaluated by the school Guidance Department. Families of students with learning disabilities who are financially eligible should apply online at www.floridaschoolchoice.org/information/mckay.
Mary C. Forbes Tuition Assistance Grant
Eligibility is determined through the foundation from a need-based application process and this assistance is only available to affiliated students. Mary C. Forbes financial forms and important deadlines are available through the Business Office. The deadline for submission is April 14th. Grants made from the Mary C. Forbes Foundation are made for Catholic students in the Diocese of St. Petersburg.
Some parish groups offer scholarship opportunities. Check with your local Parish for more information.
Your Tuition Solution
This independent company will finance tuition, less any financial aid; the interest rates charged by this company are fixed. This company does not require down payments, offers unsecured loans and allows monthly payments. For additional information, visit www.yourtuitionsolution.com.