Bishop McLaughlin Catholic High School
"Bishop McLaughlin Catholic High School provides a Christ-centered education that nurtures the development of the whole person and prepares young men and women to meet successfully the challenges of our global society."
Parent Volunteer Association (PVA)
Welcome to the Bishop McLaughlin Catholic High School Parent Volunteer Association (PVA). The mission of the PVA is to promote, encourage and assist in activities that support the students, administration, faculty and parents of the BMCHS community. We accomplish this in a variety of ways such as providing volunteers for fundraising events including our Gala Auction, sporting events, theater events as well as traditional events like the welcome back dinner. Members offer support to BMCHS administration and staff through service and fundraising support and volunteer whenever help is needed.
Throughout the year there are many opportunities to volunteer, the PVA is here to help you get involved so we can all make the BMCHS community an environment which will enrich our student’s education and enhance the world in which we live and they grow.
All parents, grandparents and guardians are encouraged to join the PVA, membership is free!
Junior Class Ring Ceremony
- Volunteers are needed to organize reception, including decorations and refreshments (set-up, serve, and clean-up).
- Volunteers are needed to help organize, solicit merchandise and/or sponsorships, and/or assist either prior to and/or on the day of the event.
- Volunteers are needed to help with set-up, admissions, counting votes, overseeing the games, and clean-up on the day of the event.
- Volunteers are needed to assist with planning, setting up, supervising, and cleaning up during Homecoming Activities (Rally and Dance). Note: Background screening and Safe Environment Training is required when supervising students.
- Volunteers are needed to help with greeting, ushering, and distributing information to potential future members of the BMCHS community.
Teacher Appreciation Week
- Volunteers are needed to organize and coordinate events to show appreciation for the faculty and the staff during this week (suggestions are provided).
- Volunteers are needed to help organize, solicit merchandise and/or sponsorships, sell tickets, decorate, and help with the catalog either prior to and/or the day and evening of the event. Note: The Auction is one of the school’s major fundraisers.
- Volunteers are needed to assist in setting up the Prom.
National Honor Society Reception
- Volunteers are needed to plan a reception (refreshments, decorations, set-up, and clean-up) for this event.
- Volunteers are needed to help (organize, set-up, serve, and clean-up) with the luncheon for the senior class. Need freshman, sophomore, and junior parents to sign-up. Suggestions will be provided.
- Volunteers are needed to help make calls to members of the BMCHS Community to inform them about the up-coming events at the school.
Friends of the Arts
- Volunteers are needed to help organize the costume and prop closets, gather props and costumes for performances, assist with art work displays, help with the Christmas and talent shows as needed (box office, concessions, etc.), assist with digital media needs and help organize fundraising activities (dress down days, selling donuts, etc.)
Spirit Attire Sales
- Volunteers are needed to help sell spirit wear at home games during sporting events.
Office/Clerical (as needed)
- Volunteers are needed to help with clerical activities on an as-needed basis.
- Volunteers are needed to help out with projects and/or events that come up during the school year.